At Babean we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
(a) your use of our website at the domain name, www.babean.co.uk hence forth reffered to as the
(b) all correspondence, related submissions, content or other material exchanged between Babean
(c) all Activities, Interactive Services and Promotions (as defined in our Terms + Conditions) offered
through or arising out of our Website;
Personal data is any information which personally identifies you, and can include your name, address
or email address. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices
regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
By submitting your personal data to us, you consent to the use of that data as set out in this privacy
Our Website is owned and operated by Looks Like Life Limited, which for the purpose of the Data
Protection Act 1998 (the “Data Protection Act”), is the data controller and as such, we are registered
under the Data Protection Act.
Data we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided
when you place an order
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
• We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not
have to respond to them
• Details of your visits to our Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data,
weblogs and other communication data and the resources and links that you access;
• Information provided to us from third parties which we receive
• Any other information which you may provide to us when using our Website.
Data we collect through your use of the website
beacons, log files and other technologies. This data helps us to deliver more helpful information,
services, tools and advertisements.
Storing your personal data
We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although
we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data
transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your data,
we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.[The data we collect form you may be transferred to and stored at a destination outside the
European Economic Area. Your data may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who
work for us or for one of our suppliers. By submitting data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing
or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated
We take all reasonable steps to retain your data.
Uses made of the data
We use data held about you in the following ways:
• To ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel
may interest you;
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
• To notify you about changes to our service.
• Email addresses sent from any downloads we offer will only ever be used by us for the purpose of
keeping you up to date with any news, promotions or activities we are doing. You will be able to
unsubscribe from these emails at any time
Disclosure of your data
We may disclose your data to any member of the Looks Like Life Ltd Group. We may disclose your
personal data to third parties:
• As part of our services we use a number of third party organisations to help (e.g. fulfilment
providers). These organisations act as data processors and are strictly controlled in how they
may/may not use your data and we remain responsible for the protection of your data;
• If you enter a promotion or competition if those third parties need to update you if you have won
a prize or for other fulfilment needs. When you enter a promotion, you are subject to any official
rules of that promotion which may contain additional information about the specific privacy
practices associated with the promotion; and
• If we go through a business transition such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of
all or a portion of our assets, your data may be one of the transferred assets and you acknowledge
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal
obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Website terms + conditions of use and other
agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our customers, or others. This includes
exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud
protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. Where you
have provided us with the appropriate consents, or where the Data Protection Act entitles us to do
so, we may send you marketing materials about other products or services offered by us or other
members of our Group. In addition where you have provided us with the appropriate consents, we
may also pass your data to one or more of our Group or other selected third parties for materials
You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by contacting us or by clicking
“unsubscribe” on the relevant email communication.
The Data Protection Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of
access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act. Any access request may be
subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold
If any of the data we hold about you is incorrect, you can click on the “contact us” link on our
Links to other Websites
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to
any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we
do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you
submit any personal data to these websites.
addressed to Babean, 6 Manor Close, Farnham, Surrey, GU10 1DB
Babean is the trading name of Looks Like Life Limited. This is a company registered in England and
Wales with company number 8814860 and our VAT number is GB199182852.